jujubean

Julie's Books

I like to read good books.
about me | @jujubean | fun food life!

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
Gretchen Rubin
The Hunger Games
Suzanne Collins
Ironweed: A Novel
William Kennedy

World Without End

World Without End - Ken Follett

“World Without End” by Ken Follett has been on my reading list ever since it was published (October 2007).  I read Ken Follett’s earlier book, “The Pillars of the Earth," more than a decade ago and I enjoyed that book too.

I got the electronic version of the book to read on my Cybook several months ago, and I decided it was time to give it a read.  I started the book last week and am about half way through it.  I expected it to be a good read, but I did not expect it to be such a fabulous read – probably the best book I’ve read in years!  I just wish I knew someone who was reading it too so I could talk about it with someone who is as captivated with the story as I am.

“World Without End” describes life in medieval Europe.  Reading about how women were treated back then - as chattel property if they were married and as witches if they were independent and free thinking - and about how much power and control the church held over peoples lives makes me appreciate and value my freedoms in today’s society even more.

Source: http://funfoodlife.com/world-without-end